D. Between Game Routine... training between starts
1. Game Day - 9 innings or over 90 pitches
2. 1st Day - Full stretching and medi-ball program. Jog 10 polls; 10 sets of 60 yard sprints, run 2, walk 1; 25 pick ups. Light weight maintenance work. Toss easy on side lines.
3. 2nd Day - Full stretching and medi-ball program. Jog 10 poles; 10 sets of 60 yard sprints. Light weight maintenance work. Play catch and drill work.
4. 3rd Day - Jog - Stretch - Warm Up. Bullpen work at 3/4 speed or 8-10 minutes of B.P. Run sprints.
5. 4th Day - Day previous to next start. Jog - stretch - shag B.P for pitcher. Short bullpen work for 5-6 minutes, 1/2 speed, at 52-55 feet. No running or sprint work.
6. 5th Day - Game
If a pitcher is going to pitch on only 3 days rest, delete the 3rd day throwing program.
Get my pitching velocity program
If you believe adding velocity could be critical to your success, check out my proven programs for pitchers of all ages.
What do you think?
Now it's time to hear from you:
How many days rest do you usually have between starts? What's your routine?
Or maybe you have an idea of how I can make this article even better.
Either way, leave a comment and let me know.